HOẠT ĐỘNG OUTREACH TẠI ĐẠI HỌC HUTECH NGÀY 20/10/2023
Hội thảo được Team Outreach PMI Vietnam Chapter thiết kế và phối hợp cùng trường HUTECH – Đại học Công nghệ Tp.HCM tổ chức đặc biệt dành cho các bạn sinh viên Khoa Xây dựng, với mong muốn kết nối, giới thiệu và định hướng đến các bạn sinh viên ngành quản lý dự án nói chung và QLDA Xây dựng nói riêng theo chuẩn của Viện Quản lý dự án Hoa Kỳ (Project Management Institute, gọi tắt là PMI), Chi Hội Việt Nam (PMI Vietnam Chapter).
On October 20, 2023, PMI Vietnam Chapter organized a workshop “Project Management Excellence: Comprehensive overview of the PMP and PMI’s Project Management Standard”, in collaboration with Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology / HUTECH.
The workshop was designed for students of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, with the aim of introducing Project Management Institute (PMI), its chapters (including PMI Vietnam Chapter), its project management principle as well as its certifications; and drew a possible career pathway for them.
Participating in the conference, from HUTECH University, there were Mr. Vo Minh Thien – Head of the Faculty of Civil Engineering, Mr. Nguyen Viet Tuan and other teachers of the faculty. On the PMI Vietnam Chapter side, there were Mr. Le Van – Deputy Director Outreach, Mr. Do Khac Le Minh – Manager Membership & Communication, Mr. Mai Quoc Khanh – Membership & Communication, Mr. Quach Le Truong – Project Professional Team Leader.
Speakers from PMI Vietnam Chapter, who are experienced specialists in their fields, presented the following topics:
- Introduction to PMI and Vietnam Chapter; the benefits of PMI membership and certifications issued by PMI.
- Overview of project management, knowledge areas and project management processes according to PMI standards.
- Case-studies and risk management in projects that they faced while running their projects and successfully resolved.
Part 2 of the workshop is a Q &A session.
- The speakers answered questions not only from the University’s students, but also from the teachers about the competency framework of project managers according to PMI standards, PMP exam registration procedures, PMP certification exam preparation, and values of PMP certification in today’s labor market.
- Mr. Le Van released an online survey for students with the questions: “Describe a professional project manager in one word” and received very diverse and accurate answers along with real-life answers. full of surprises and fun, showing a student’s perspective on the role of a professional project manager.
At the end of the workshop, HUTECH side hoped there will be more workshops so that students would have more information and knowledge to prepare for future success.